Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Frog Bling

So, I have this thing for frogs. I don't know why. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the sound of frogs at night. We lived in the cement suburbs of LA, so any sound of nature was like a miracle to me. I have little frogs all over the place. Not all in your face… just some subtle amphibian-izing of the decor at the Sugar Shack.

Imagine how excited I was when I saw this:

IMG_8160

With all the craziness in the world that was going on last week, I still found time to treat myself to a little bobble from Lucid New York. I had to do something to take my mind off of all the bad news… and quite frankly, I could come up with any reason for needing to have the froggy bling. I almost went nuts when I saw the rest of Anna’s designs. The intricacy of the petals that wrap around the center stones are just so whimsical and fun.

IMG_8163

I’m not one to completely ignore reality. But I do like reminders nearby that pull the reigns back on my anxieties and bring a smile to my face. I mean, how can you not smile with that cute little frog looking up at you?

IMG_8164

One other neat thing about frogs that I picked up since the days of hearing their songs from the cement riverbeds? The acronym that I apply to my precious little amphibians now is Fully Rely On God. That helps me even more when I start to worry about the things I can not change. This little bobble has been a fun reminder to pray for wisdom, patience, and serenity.

I bet Anna never knew she was bringing a little prayer to my heart with her beautiful creation…

Check out all of Lucid Anna’s designs: www.LucidNewYork.com You can also follow her at www.twitter.com/LucidAnna for her latest showings and designs… plus some fun NY night life tweets!

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! It makes me want one, even though I'm not much of a ring person.

Unknown said...

I have a soft spot for frogs too - I don't why.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a beautiful ring! I'm waiting for a humming bird one to buy for my mom. Nice pickup!

Ianny said...

Frogs are beautiful, aren't they?

Why, you can actually create an entire home decor theme around these amphibians. For a start, you can hang blown up photographic prints of frogs.