Friday, April 25, 2008

Ladies Who Lunch

Before the wrong impression develops, the dyanmic ladies I lunched with today would probably be perfectly happy in a spa chair getting their toes done. They'd likely be more enthusiastic, however, about profit and loss statements and branding meetings.

Good Ole Gals is a group of women who are all creating the life of their dreams through either their own businesses or as a representative of some big name national company. We met today at a local Winery (no, I only had Iced Tea... darn) over a plate of field greens with dried pears and grilled chicken breast. Total chick meal. Aside from the meal, there was chit-chat and a fun personality quiz, according to which I am not only the life of the party but "volatile." Who, Me?

As our time together wrapped up, I was encouraged and just warmed from the inside out to see women proactively finding ways to work together and succeed together. I almost started singing I Am Woman, except I'm too young to know the words... There were bankers, realtors, a lovely photographer (*ahem*), a small business coach, a background investigator, a retired nurse who will deal with insurance companies for you, a hypnotherapist that unlocks your subconscious and refills it with positive thoughts, a florist, a graphic artist, a recruiter... all kinds of industries were represented at that table. We all have different stories, different strengths, and different personalities. The common thread is the willingness and desire to help another woman follow her passion and find success.

Needless to say, I had a fabulous time. There was a lot of interest in my Mother's Day special, one coffee meeting was set, and another consultation is tentative. And although I know the ultimate goal is to get business for yourself, we were all getting creative about how we could partner together for more abundant results. So great. Such a wonderful turn of days. The sun is shining... the birds are singing... I am woman... yada yada...

I'm still in the afterglow of all that empowerment... I have to go lay down!

No comments: