Monday, January 26, 2009

Rock Your Blog, Mama!

Today’s Make It Happen Mama is none other than Jessica Smith, aka Jessica Knows. Jessica is my favorite blogging and social media hack. She makes life look easy, but that’s only because she’s been there done that… and now wants to share her experience with others. I had a few quick questions for Jessica plus a radio interview on this morning’s Classy Closet show. Hope you enjoy!

When you were a little girl, what did you dream of growing up to be?

I wanted to be a "business woman".  I think the movies "9-5" and "Working Girl" glamorized the idea for me.  But I knew I wanted to start a business and be successful.

Are any of your little girl dreams still woven into the woman you are now?

Heck yeah!  And I find myself surrounded by lots of women who had the same dreams (and still do!)

We see you all over the blogosphere. How do you balance your life as a mom with your life as an entrepreneur?

I try to be as flexible about things as possible and just roll with the punches.  It's hard but my husband is super supportive and that helps a lot.

Where do you blend the two sides of life together?

I just do.  What you see is what you get.  Some might advise against blending the two but in social media I think it's a must for success.

What can we expect from your new venture, Rock Your Blog?

Lots of women supporting each other and networking resulting in success!

Okay, now I have to warn you… before you listen to the replay, the first five minutes of our show was jacked up due to some technical difficulties. Jen and I could not hear each other so I just starte blabbing on about my weekend while Skyping Jen and typing "Help" to the chat room. Talk about panic! So, if you don’t mind, please ignore that part… the other 25 minutes are definitely entertaining and informative!